This is a key role in the business ensuring payments are received from customers for holidays and the holidays operators and other stakeholders are paid their commission accurately and on time. The position also requires the supervision of the banking administrator who is responsible for ensuring the proper and timely banking of postal holiday bookings as well as the banking of donations received for the company’s charity customers (e.g. Children in Need).
• Reconciling booking data from the holiday operators with our own booking system.
• Agreeing the booking data with the holiday operators and processing payment of the same once the invoice is received.
• Raising invoices for our commission share of the income and liaising with other stakeholders to account and pay for their respective share.
• Preparing the monthly insurance returns and making sure the premiums are paid on time.
• Importing the commission data into Sage.
• Reconciling the trust and client accounts on a monthly basis.
• Dealing with any issues with our payment providers (e.g. WorldPay, PayPal) and handling chargebacks.
• Assisting the Customer Service Team where necessary with booking queries.
• Sending letters to customers for unsuccessful bookings and failed payments.
• Supervising the banking resource for holiday promotions and charity banking.
• Highly numerate
• Double entry bookkeeping
• Proficient with Excel (Vlookup and pivot tables across large datasets)
• Experience of WorldPay, PayPal and Sage 50 would be beneficial
• A self-starter with good initiative and a positive attitude
• Able to communicate effectively to all levels of the business and with business customers
• Highly organised and able to prioritise their work in order to meet deadlines
• Able to work as part of a team
• Professional and reliable
Preferably a part qualified accountant or willing to progress their qualification (AAT/ACCA or equivalent)
Thank you for submitting your application. We will contact you shortly! Please email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
12 October 2020
12 October 2020